As you know for an immigrant, it’s vital to undergo the CIC medical exam, when you consider migrating to Canada. Now, as per the results of the medical exams conducted by the CIC, medical experts will issue certifications that state whether a person is eligible for the entry into Canada or not.
Now, the CIC conducts these tests via selecting a panel. This panel consists of physicians, radiologists, and laboratories that conduct several medical examinations on these migrants. Only after the migrant qualifies the CIC medical exam, overseen by the panel is he/she eligible for the citizenship of Canada.
Today, the topic of discussion will be the workings of this medical panel and their responsibilities included.
The Conception of the Panel
For the conception of the medical panel, several rules need to follow –
- The panel must complete the application forms, should be allowed to use eMedical and access required information, provide legitimate documents like license and certification along with having complete knowledge of the Handbook’s statement.
- Panel members to be authorized need to partake in discussions with the CIC medical personnel.
- He/she must as members know how to use and access eMedical and have proper training given out to them to understand the workings of the CIC medical exam.
After all these documents are verified, Canada’s regional medical office (RMO) will then provide a certification of the authentication of the panel members.
Now, Coming to the Workings of the Panel –
The panel members aren’t the ones to decide who gets accessibility into Canada. In fact, they are merely put there to oversee whether a migrant has any particular ailment that can affect the lives of Canadian citizens. The final decision ultimately rests with the Canadian immigration officers who depending on the reports by the panel make the final call on whether to allow a person into Canada or not.
The Panel mainly deals with performing IME’s by an investigation, analyzing and diagnosing a migrant’s health condition.
Main work of Panel Members includes:
- Panel members need to carefully store the results of an immigrant’s CIC medical exam and keep them confidential.
- Work in accordance with standards for the IME and its processes.
- Keep all contact information of patients up to date.
- Ensure exceptional quality of work is conducted by doctors when it comes to screening patients.
- Follow the country’s guidelines when it comes to notification of public health concerns like syphilis, Human immunodeficiency virus, tuberculosis etc.
- Gather and send all IME reports along with IME results to the CIC including lab results and X-rays.
- Conduct X-rays of the chest in accordance with the Canadian Association of Radiologists’ quality standards.
- Inform, all other panel doctors of cases like TB and other ailments that require further investigation by in-house physicians.
- Ensure that a complete IME is done inclusive of both physical and mental health examination to make sure the person migrating is of sound health.
- Take every possible step to ensure that client’s safety and privacy is not compromised and patients are made to feel safe.
Well, there you go, now that the workings of the CIC panel are elaborated, go and undertake the CIC medical exam to gather a safe entry ticket to Canada.